USMC Rules For Gunfighting
Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
Have a plan.
Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won’t work.
Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a “4.”
Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
If you are not shooting, you should be communicating and reloading.
Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
And above all … don’t drop your guard.
Navy Rules For Gunfighting
- Go to Sea
- Drink Coffee
- Send the Marines ? Army Rules For Gunfighting ?
- Select a new beret to wear
- Sew combat patch on right shoulder
- Reconsider the color of beret you decide to wear
- Send the Marines ? US Air Force Rules For Gunfighting ?
- Have a cocktail
- Adjust temperature on air-conditioner
- Determine “what is a gunfight”
- Send the Marines